Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tall Ships + Rain/Fog = Not much going on in the Vegetable Garden




Ah, the weekend....time for a little more rainy weather. Fortunately there is a lot going on this weekend in the city of Halifax to keep me from pondering my soggy vegetable garden. Despite the poor weather, I headed down to the waterfront to take in the '09 Tall Ships Festival. Got to tour some of the ships before the rain started pouring down. The fog was really thick, but despite the weather, the place was hopping. Above is a picture of 'the Amistad', which I took while leaving the Dartmouth side on the ferry (docked along side of the HMCS Goose Bay). I even saw a few 'ghost' ships sailing by as I strolled along the Halifax waterfront:



Here's hoping for better weather tomorrow...the garden needs more sun!

No comments: