Friday, August 21, 2009

How to Prepare your Square Foot Garden for a Hurricane

So it's looking like we have a hurricane heading our way...Hurricane Bill is movining up the coast and it is expected we will be feeling it's effects as early as Sunday. The prediction is a category 2 storm, but we won't know for sure until some time tommorow when the Canadian Hurricane Centre has a little more information on the projected path.

So how do you prepare your square foot garden for a hurricane? I wish I knew! After a couple of weeks of sun, my garden is finally starting to rebound...I found my first full sized green bean today. I will totally be crushed if it all blows away. I guess the best thing to do is to make sure the yard is free of things that can become projectiles. The trellis' seem to be pretty sturdy. I can expect the tomatoes and green beans to take the brunt of the storm. Other than that, the only thing I can do is just hope for the best!

Just for fun, here is an arial shot of the 'before'...fingers crossed

No comments: