Saturday, July 3, 2010

Eat Your Veggies!

The kitchen garden is slowly starting to amp up production.  I've been regularly harvesting snap peas, snow peas, and my personal favorite- swiss chard.  Why oh why didn't I plant more in spring?  I would eat steamed swiss chard every day if I could.  

 I picked the last of the radishes the other day and tried out this Radish Pesto Potato Salad recipe I found on the food blog, Coconut & Lime:

http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/2009/07/radish-pesto-potato-salad.html


What I'm really love-love-loving right now is cliantro- I had no idea I liked it so much!


My favorite dish I've been making a lot is this Chili Lime Cilantro Chicken recipe I found:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cilantro-Lime-Chicken-Fajitas-with-Grilled-Onions-232384

Big thumbs up on this one!  Gives chicken a really nice flavour while staying nice and moist on the grill.  I've been grilling up a big batch, cutting it up and using the chicken for fahitas, salads, and wraps.

Can't wait for more home grown produce!

No comments: