Saturday, July 17, 2010

Eat Your Veggies

It was too tempting to let the first zucchini of the season stay in the garden any longer.  First zucchini ever, actually. Last year I had zero success with this vegetable.


Faced with a choice of the usual boring oatmeal or eggs for breakfast this morning, I took a (wet) trek out to the garden, picked that zucchini, and whipped up a batch of my favourite zucchini chocolate muffins.  My go-to recipe is from happyherbivore.com:

http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/chocolate-zucchini-muffins/

I only use 1/2 cup sugar and used about 1-2 tbsp less of the cocoa than it calls for as my daughter complained that i made it too 'chocolate-y' the last time (is there such a thing?).  I replaced the 1-2 tbsp with an equal amount of flour, which didn't seem to affect the result.

I managed to snap a picture before they were all gone:

No comments: