Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Can This Plant Be Saved?


My battle with powdery mildew on my zucchini plant continues.  The milk/water spray I was applying seemed to keep it in control.  Unfortunately, I was away from the garden for a week on vacation, and the plant went from looking like this a couple of weeks ago:


To this:

It certainly isn't looking too happy right now. I did prune away a lot of the leaves that were affected the most.  I'm wondering now if I should cut my losses and scrap the whole thing or continue to monitor it.  The plant itself is still growing and flowering, although it has definitely slowed down since the appearance of the mildew.  I have resumed my milk/water solution and it has been looking a little better in the last couple of days.  Fingers crossed.



No comments: