Monday, August 23, 2010

Eat your Veggies: The PEI Edition

I just got back from a long weekend trip to PEI. The theme of the weekend seemed to be eating! My friends and I prepared some amazing meals- lots of seafood, complemented by homemade dishes featuring vegetables direct from my garden! 

I made bruschetta from the following recipe:

http://www.tomatocasual.com/2010/08/10/tomato-basil-bruschetta-with-mozzarella/
 
The finished product was missing the splash of balsamic vinegar (as I forgot to bring it), but it still tasted delicious!

I also sliced up some Costata Romanesco zucchini,  brushed it with olive oil and seasoned it with salt and pepper.  Grilled on the barbecue- amazing!  Much better than the regular zucchini you buy in a store.


The steamed mussels were also prepared with fresh veggies from my kitchen garden:  chopped Tigerella and cherry tomatoes, green onion, basil, a little garlic (not from my garden- maybe next year), and red wine- Yum!


I took a picture of the bruschetta and zucchini dishes as they waited for their turn on the grill.  I was enjoying myself too much and forgot to take a shot of the finished product!


Gotta love PEI!  This was the view we enjoyed from our lovely cottage:

No comments: