Sunday, August 15, 2010

In the Garden Today

Yay!  My kitchen garden is finally starting to produce (insert happy dance here)!   I have been harvesting yellow beans, the odd tomato, and starting this week, some cucumbers.  A little roll of the magic eight ball, and: outlook looks good for more to come!

Even though this is just the beginning of my harvest for 2010, I can already say that it is so much more successful than my first year, in 2009.  This year, I have already had a number of firsts:  first cucumber, first zucchini, first beurre de roqueconcourt yellow beans (almost daily harvests).  All of these crops failed me in 2009.  The tomatoes are finally starting to ripen.  I have been picking a few cherries and Tigerella.  The cabot in the grow bags and the plum tomatoes in the big raised bed look like they are on the verge of ripening.  The zucchini looks like it has recovered from the powdery mildew, and is starting to produce again.  In the next week or so, I think I should have a couple Costata Romanesco zucchini ready to pick- another failure from last year. 

No comments: