Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter morning, and I've gotta say I was a little shocked to wake up to this unexpected craziness:


I'm sure I wasn't the only Haligonian to crack open an eye and mutter- What the-?  

A couple weeks ago, we had a faux summer.  Today winter.  I know, I know, a late winter storm is not unheard of in 'these here parts', but still, a girl can dream for a real spring, can't she?

On a growing note, my seed starting for 2012 is well under way, albeit a little later than usual (just seeded tomatoes a week ago- about two weeks  later than previous years).  Here is a peak under one of my grow lights:
Outside, under the protection of a low tunnel, I have seeded a few hardy greens (arugula, spinach, radish).  And somewhere out there, I planted a few peas a couple of days ago- guess I should have checked the weather first.  Hopefully this chilly day won't be too damaging.

On the bright side, I just had a peak at the upcoming forcast and things seem to be warming as the week goes on!


1 comment:

Gardeningbren said...

I know, couldn't believe the snow!! Your garden sounds as if it is moving right along and at least you got your peas in!!